Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 burgers
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 heaped tsp mixed herbs
- 115g breadcrumbs
- 50g semolina
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 buns, lightly toasted
- Drain, rinse then mash the kidney beans.
- Mix together the beans, tomatoes, garlic and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and semolina. Mix well.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice. If necessary add a tablespoon of water to increase moisture (but don’t be tempted to add any more!)
- Shape into burgers. You can freeze the burgers to cook another time at this step if you like.
- Gently fry the burgers in the vegetable oil until golden brown, approximately about 10-15 minutes.