15 mins prep, 45 mins baking time
Serves: 1 banana bread loaf
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 300g flour
- 80ml milk
- 60g butter
- 60g sugar/honey
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 180°C and mash the bananas.
2. Add 2 eggs and the butter and whisk, add flour, bicarb of soda, sugar/honey, vanilla extract, salt and mix it all until smooth whilst adding milk.
3. Add chocolate chips, grease the tin loaf and bake in the oven for 60min at 180°
4. Set the loaf, still in the pan and let it cool for 10 minutes — this helps the loaf solidify and makes it easier to remove from the pan.
5. Grasping the parchment paper sling, lift the loaf out of the pan and place on the cooling rack. Cool for another 10 minutes before slicing.